To recognize achievement and the impact that mock trial has on the lives of the students who participate, the Center for Civic Values has created a scholarship program for high school mock trial participants. To qualify for the $1,000 Hon. Gene E. Franchini scholarship, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and complete the process described below.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants:
- Must be a New Mexico high school senior;
- Must have participated in the New Mexico high school mock trial program for two or more years, including the current academic year;
- Must attend a post-secondary institution such as a technical, 2-year or 4-year college/university upon high school graduation.
- Members of the CCV Mock Trial Committee will evaluate the applications.
- CCV will notify recipient’s parent/guardian by February 28, 2020.
- Awards will be announced at the Mock Trial Awards Ceremony on March 21, 2020 and disbursed not earlier than July 1st upon CCV's receipt of notification from the Registrar of the post-secondary institution documenting that recipient is enrolled as a student. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure documentation is received.
- Complete the application.
- Write a Personal Statement explaining what your participation mock trial has meant to you. The Statement should be no longer than three (3) pages, typed, double-spaced.
- Attach two (2) letters of recommendation, at least one of which must come from your mock trial teacher advisor.
Scan and email or mail via USPS no later than February 3, 2020.
Download the Application Here: